personal views on movies... and some other things

My 20 all-time favourite movie quotes *UPDATED*


      We all have movie quotes that have stayed with us over the years. Some of them were really important for the plot of a film and that's why they stuck in our minds for a long time, and some others were so iconic that we find ourselves repeating them while we are talking in our every day life.
      So here is my top 20 of my favourite (at least for the time being) movie quotes. They are in no particular order. I like them all, I have used some of them as advice and others just for fun when I'm talking to the people around me. 


  • Even the smallest person can change the course of the future , Galadriel (Cate Blanchett) from The Lord of the Rings: The fellowship of the Ring (2001) Movie Scene
  • You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling , Eames (Tom Hardy) from Inception (2010)
 
  • Mr. Anderson , Agent Smith (Hugo Weaving)  from The Matrix Trilogy (1999, 2003)
  •  Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious , Mary Poppins (Julie Andrews) from Mary Poppins (1964)
  • Run Forest, Run , Jenny (Robin Wright) from Forest Gump (1994)

  • That's Fronkonsteen , Dr. Frankenstein (Gene Wilder) from Young Frankenstein (1974)
  • You had me at Hello , Dorothy (Renée Zellweger) from Jerry Maguire (1996)

  • Dignity...always Dignity , Don Lockwood (Gene Kelly) from Singin' in the Rain (1952) Movie Scene
  • I'll be back , The Terminator (Arnold Schwarzenegger) from The Terminator (1984)

  • Bitch, you don't have a future , The Bride (Uma Thurman) from Kill Bill Vol.2 (2004)

  • Kid, the next time I say "let's go someplace like Bolivia", let's go someplace like Bolivia , Butch Kassidy (Paul Newman) from Butch Kassidy and the Sundance Kid (1969)

  • Hakuna Matata , Timon & Pumba from The Lion King (1994)

  • Here's looking at you, kid , Rick (Humphrey Bogart) from Casablanca (1942)
  • Don't knock masturbation, it's sex with someone I love , Annie Hall (Diane Keaton) from Annie Hall (1977)
  • "What's the point of fighting for his right to have babies, when he can't have babies?" "It's symbolic of our struggle against oppression" "It's symbolic of his struggle against reality" , Reg (John Cleese) from Life of Brian (1979) 
 
  • Show me the money , Jerry Maguire (Tom Cruise) from Jerry Maguire (1996)

  • Hello, my name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die. , Inigo Montoya (Mandy Patinkin) from The Princess Bride (1987) 

  • I see dead people , Cole (Haley Joel Osment) from The Sixth Sense (1999)
  • All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us , Gandalf (Ian McKellen) from The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring (2001)

*UPDATE*
Two days later and as it always happens with lists, two more very favourite lines came to mind so I couldn't help but add them to the list (making it a list of 22 favourite quotes).
    • You talkin' to me? , Travis (Robert De Niro) from the Taxi Driver (1976)

    • Houston, we have a problem , Jim Lovell (Tom Hanks) from Apollo 13 (1995)

    Share on Google Plus

    0 σχόλια :

    Post a Comment