personal views on movies... and some other things

The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey

                                                   It's like seeing some old friends after a long time...
                                                                      Welcome Back, Mr. Baggins.


           It's been more than 10 years since I first saw the first teaser trailer for the Lord of the Rings Trilogy. It seems like yesterday even though I was just a kid back then and I didn't really know how huge a part the Tolkien books and the films by Peter Jackson would play in my life. And now, after more than a decade I feel like some old friends have remembered me and decided to pay a visit once more.
        The teaser trailer for the first Hobbit film is finally here and it is everything we wished for. Martin Freeman seems excellent as Bilbo BagginsIan McKellen returns as the iconic wizard Gangalf the Grey and even though the dwarves seem a little bit childish ("The Hobbit" is a children's book after all) the whole feel of the trailer is like the return of an old loving memory accompanied by some new and promising ones. I may be biased but I shed a couple of tears. Now, we only have to wait until December 14th, 2012. 



Share on Google Plus

0 σχόλια :

Post a Comment