personal views on movies... and some other things

The Artist Review

First of all, allow me to wish you all a Happy New Year! May 2012 be more optimistic, creative, fun and successful than 2011!



During Christmas time I had the good fortune of finally watching Michel HazanaviciusThe Artist. I've already told you about this film before and all I can add to my previous admiration is my joy because -fortunately- my expectations were fulfilled and surpassed even! Only one word can describe this modern silent film and that is: genius
I had heard that many were afraid that "silent" also meant "boring". However, The Artist was enjoyable and fun without being tiring. As for the "silent" factor, you only got to notice that in the beginning when you -naturally- expected to hear voices and sounds but soon enough you get used to the lack of sound and you get lost in the beautiful music by Ludovic Bource, in the great story that Hazanavicius has written and in the breathtaking performance of Jean Dujardin who steals the show.
Dujardin was able to keep the interest of the viewers alive just by his facial expressions and his gestures while he managed to remind us of the different kind of acting that silent actors had to do more than 80 years ago. He, most naturally, won the award for Best Actor at the Cannes Film Festival of 2011. The film has been nominated for 6 Golden Globes and it will certainly be nominated for some Academy Awards. If it wins the golden statue it will most rightly deserve it!
Share on Google Plus

0 σχόλια :

Post a Comment