personal views on movies... and some other things

Give Tom Hanks the role he wants!

        Tom Hanks may be showing tremendous courage while fighting Somali pirates in his new film but there are still some enemies that he wants to face on the big screen. In a recent interview promoting Captain Phillips, Tom Hanks talked about his desire to play a superhero or even a villain in a superhero film.
"They don't ask me.. I keep trying to... Come on! I can do it! Even let me play a bad guy! Let me play the bad guy against Batman. I'll do anything! Come on, call me! They've never asked. What do I have to do? God, I want to throw a shield at somebody, you know? I want that. And I don't want to play the guy in the suit who tells the superheroes what's going on. I don't want to be that guy. I don't want to go: 'Well you know, Batman..'. I don't want to: 'Captain America, Iron Man, here's what we've discovered'. I don't want to be that guy. I want to get in there. I want to play the Flash or something like that. They'll never give me the chance"
Check out the video below! Go to the 4-minute mark to hear this particular quote or watch the whole thing as Tom Hanks is always delightful!


As for his new film, Captain Phillips is the true story of the homonymous captain and the 2009 fijacking of his ship, the first American cargo ship to get hijacked in two hundred years. It is directed by Paul Greengrass. 


Share on Google Plus

0 σχόλια :

Post a Comment