personal views on movies... and some other things

Memorable Movie Scenes No.9

      Very often I find myself reminiscing scenes from movies that have haunted me and have stayed with me for a long time. As Easter approaches quickly, let me show you a scene from a favourite musical of mine Jesus Christ Superstar. It is the scene where Pontius Pilate first meets Jesus and talks to him in an ironic way in order to provoke him and see what he is all about. When he understands that there'
s nothing that he can really do about this man, he decides to send him to Herod.
       A very talented Barry Dennen plays the role of Pontius Pilate and he manages to bring such depth to the song and the lyrics he has to say. Ted Neeley is Jesus. The musical was directed by Norman Jewison and it was based on the rock opera of the same name. The lyrics are Tim Rice's and the music is written by Andrew Lloyd Webber. 
Enjoy:
Share on Google Plus

0 σχόλια :

Post a Comment