personal views on movies... and some other things

AIFF 2014: Relatos Salvajes

    I haven't even seen half of the films that I'm going to be watching during this year's International Film Festival and I already know that this is going to be the most unique and memorable movie that I will have watched in a long long time.
      So, Relatos Salvajes is a film from Argentina, nominated for the Palme d'Or award in this year's Cannes Film Festival, directed by Damián Szifrón and starring a bunch of actors. It is a collection of six -unrelated to each other- stories about revenge and the loss of control that each and every one of us may be on the verge of experiencing if we are pushed too far. I could leave you just with that adding only that this is the film that you should see if it comes to a cinema near you, however I must also inform you that this is dark comedy at its finest inspired by Pedro Almodóvar (who is also a producer) and of course by the king of unique and well-crafted as well as well-written scenes in cinema Quentin Tarantino
          The theatre exploded with laughter during the opening scene and throughout the film and naturally the audience clapped enthusiastically when the closing credits rolled so all I can say is that this was a success and truly one of the most enjoyable films that I have watched during this year's -and possibly even previous years'- AIFF. If only it was part of the International Competition category! Good job. 
Share on Google Plus

0 σχόλια :

Post a Comment